Our wheat straw water coffee/tea tumbler holds up to 450 ml of liquids. What is wheat straw?
Straw, is the by-product of the wheat harvest, and it contains lignin. Lignin is similar to tree trunk in that it is what keeps plant standing up. Lignin, when combined with sugar, can be turned into a bio-plastic. Benefits include:
- Renewable and sustainable.
- Gluten free.
- Easy to clean, sturdy and strong.
- Microwave, freezer safe and can handle hot liquids up to 100°Celsius.
- Without odor and will not go moldy.
- Can be recycled into pulp by melting them and creating different products in a circular economy.
- Less energy is required to produce the wheat straw plastic-like substance.
- The natural fibers make the material sturdy enough without requiring the addition of toxins.
- Additional source of income for the wheat farmers as they can sell the byproducts.
- Waste disposal is reduced as there is no need to burn the straw which further adds to air pollution.
Info source: https://www.evecork.com/blogs/eve-community/5-amazing-benefits-of-cork-products