Want to spoil a loved one? Then this cute WWF Plush Toy is the perfect gift to build your wildlife collection or to cuddle with. Wildlife toys are made from soft plush fabric tested to EN71 standards with PVC parts.
- 100% recycled polyester filling
- Socially responsible
- OEKO-TEX Certified
- Hand Finished
Did you know?
- Almost 90% of wild plants and 75% of leading global crops depend on animal pollination.
- If you find a bumblebee which appears to be struggling, it may be that it is just resting, particularly if the bee is a queen in early spring. If you think the bee is struggling the best thing to do is gently put the bee onto a bee-friendly flower.
- Bees actually have four wings. The two wings each side hook together to form one larger pair when flying and then unhook when they’re not flying.
- Honeybees have a dance move called the ‘waggle dance’. It’s not actually a dance move at all, rather a clever way of communicating between themselves to tell their nestmates where to go to find the best source of food.
- The buff-tailed bumblebee has a brain the size of a poppy seed. Which is incredible given the fact scientists have managed to train them to score a goal in ‘bee football’ in return for a sugary treat.
- Scientists from the University of Bristol have discovered that bumblebees have the ability to use their ‘smelly footprints’ to distinguish between their own scent, the scent of a relative and the scent of a stranger.
- If the queen bee dies in a honeybee hive the workers can create a new queen bee. They do this by selecting a young larva and by feeding it special food called ‘royal jelly’ the larva will develop into a fertile queen.